Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Are you ready to shape the digital future together with us?
At ix3 we invent new ways of working and develop new solutions.
ix3 is Aker Solutions' software and digital services company. We combine innovative software with Aker Solutions' engineering expertise to deliver our customers’ energy ambitions, radically transforming how our customers work and accelerating the industry towards a sustainable, digital future.
The ix3 team works closely with operators to develop software applications that accelerate field development projects and optimize asset integrity, safety and performance. We bring together engineering, manufacturing and test data with live-streamed operational data into Integral™, our operational digital twin platform that provides coherency across assets, data sources and lifecycle phases.
At ix3, we win as one team. We are fast-paced and agile with a culture that centers on teamwork, transparency and a growth mindset. Our employees are empowered to be bold. We work closely with customers and encourage continuous communication and collaboration. For us, this open mindset is fundamental for software development and making operational digital twins valuable assets.
Software in itself does not necessarily add value. To create real value it must be combined with deep domain knowledge and people who are enthusiastic, capable and experienced.
We are looking for a life-long learner to be a part of our growing software house in Egersund.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for the test strategy for the project scrum teams
- Responsible for planning, execution, documentation and continuous improvements of relevant tests
- Continuous improvement of the test process including processes, methods and tools
- Equal focus on functional and non-functional tests
- Responsible for deciding appropriate level on what should be automated, to what extent and how
- Secure that user stories and acceptance criteria are testable
- Specify and prepare test activities
- Monitor test results and check exit criteria
- Adapt the test plan based on test results and progress. Take action to counteract problems
- Report and manage product risks
- Document test results based on information collected during testing
- Responsible for test data
Communication & cooperation:
- Communicate with product owners during the software development iterations
- Sparring partner for developers, UX designers, functional architects and product owners/stakeholders
- Assist product owners and stakeholders in acceptance test
- Coach the software development team
- Collaborate with other test/QA leads in their work
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
To be able to support our development you will need:
- ISTQB certified or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' work experience as Test/QA Lead
- Experience with agile development processes and methods
- Experience with test automation at all test levels
- Experience with usability testing
- Software development experience
- Experience with change management is preferable
Skills and personal attributes
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or Norwegian
- You are quality-conscious and a team player
- You are able to host and facilitate workshops and drive progress
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
- Opportunity to work on projects that make a real impact
- Free staffed gym
- Development opportunities in a growing software house
- Opportunity to work with world-class domain experts when developing software
- Opportunity to unlock your potential, both professionally and personally
- And so much more!
It is not just a job. It's an exciting career!
Are you ready? Let's get started! Apply NOW if you can think outside the box and want to shape the digital future together with us!
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma when applying online.
For more information about the positions, please contact:
Åsmund Andersen, Product Portfolio Manager, Aker Solutions, tel. +47 982 61 374
Roy Hovland, HR Business Partner, Aker Solutions, tel. +47 454 11 865