Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Are you ready to shape the digital future together with us?
At ix3 we invent new ways of working and develop new solutions.
ix3 is Aker Solutions' software and digital services company. We combine innovative software with Aker Solutions' engineering expertise to deliver our customers’ energy ambitions, radically transforming how our customers work and accelerating the industry towards a sustainable, digital future.
The ix3 team works closely with operators to develop software applications that accelerate field development projects and optimize asset integrity, safety and performance. We bring together engineering, manufacturing and test data with live-streamed operational data into Integral™, our operational digital twin platform that provides coherency across assets, data sources and lifecycle phases.
At ix3, we win as one team. We are fast-paced and agile with a culture that centers on teamwork, transparency and a growth mindset. Our employees are empowered to be bold. We work closely with customers and encourage continuous communication and collaboration. For us, this open mindset is fundamental for software development and making operational digital twins valuable assets.
Software in itself does not necessarily add value. To create real value it must be combined with deep domain knowledge and people who are enthusiastic, capable and experienced.
We are looking for a life-long learner to be a part of our growing software house in Egersund.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Gather & evaluate user requirements, conduct user testing, create personas through the user research
- Employ user centricity approach to identify design problems and devise solutions that meets user needs and requirements
- Communicate concepts and ideas with user flows, wireframes, prototypes, sketches within the frames of the design system
- Work closely with other UX designers, product managers, architects, subject-matter experts and developers in the process of building excellent User Experience
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Relevant education (bachelor or higher) in Interaction/UX Design or related field
- 3-5+ years' of experience as User Experience designer or Interaction designer
- You merge at least two of the following disciplines: Interaction Design, Visual Design, UX Research
- Proven track record from driving product design from initial phase through to production
Skills and personal attributes
- Proficient in visualisation, wireframing and interactive prototyping tools such as: Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, etc.
- Proactive, open minded, ready to learn and be a life-long learner
- Team player and relationship builder
- Design Thinking evangelist
- Can balance between ambitions and being pragmatic
- Able to understand or write simple HTML/CSS code
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or Norwegian
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
- Opportunity to work on projects that make a real impact
- Free staffed gym
- Development opportunities in a growing software house
- Opportunity to work with world-class domain experts when developing software
- Opportunity to unlock your potential, both professionally and personally
- And so much more!
It is not just a job. It's an exciting career!
Are you ready? Let's get started! Apply NOW if you can think outside the box and want to shape the digital future together with us!
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma when applying online.
For more information about the positions, please contact:
Åsmund Andersen, Product Portfolio Manager, Aker Solutions, tel. +47 982 61 374
Roy Hovland, HR Business Partner, Aker Solutions, tel. +47 454 11 865