Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Are you ready to digitally transform the energy industry? Be part of the journey!
The energy industry is currently being transformed through increased access to data and use of digital technology. At Aker Solutions, we strive to stay at the forefront of this change and work to identify and embrace new business and operating models made possible through new innovations. To support this strategy, Aker Solutions has established a software house called ix3 (www.ix3.com). At ix3, we develop software that automates administration and engineering tasks by using Google Cloud Platform. Software products are made available as services both for internal use in the Aker family and for external customers.
At ix3, we invent new ways of working and develop new solutions.
We are now looking for a structured and innovative Solution Architect who is eager to learn new technologies and is ready to join our core platform team to further develop our cloud platform with a special focus on API development and software development. The team comprises of seven enthusiastic professionals and you will contribute to developing and maintaining our expertise and best practices as we shape our core platform services.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Our Integral Platform is hosted on Google. We are seeking a Solution Architect to take part in development and architectural discussions as we are shaping platform for both external and internal consumption. In this position you will:
- Take a lead role in developing our platform’s Microservice offerings and key components
- Take part in the development of the platform`s key components
- Contribute to shaping and improving solution architecture patterns and principles
- Be the Subject-matter expert for platform frameworks and components for Microservice development
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years` experience with software development preferably as a Full Stack Developer working with cloud developments on Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure and still actively taking part in software development as a developer
- Experience with REST API and Microservice development using tools such as Apigee
- You are able to capture and translate functional requirements into technical requirements and architectural designs
- Modelling experience of database schemas and UML standards
- Software development experience with either Java, Python or C#
Relevant additional experience:
- Experience (or expertise) within integrations and business intelligence
- Experience in presentation of complex content (visual or otherwise)
Relevant tools and technologies:
- Google Cloud Platform technology stack and key services
- Azure Cloud Platform technology stack and key services
- RESTful services (API)
- Relational databases and No SQL databases
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- SQL programming
- Jira, Confluence and/or Bitbucket
Skills and personal attributes:
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good level of written and spoken Norwegian is an advantage
- You have strong analytical and communication skills and are passionate about technology and software development
- You are able to translate technical issues into practical examples and create a constructive dialogue
- You actively take part in discussions and are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You are proactive and open-minded and have an innovative mindset
- You are a team- and relationship builder with a positive attitude and good sense of humor
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
- International environment and modern offices in Fornebu
- Free staffed gym
- Access to several cabins in Norway and abroad
- Interesting tasks with the opportunity to take part in shaping ix3`s future
- Opportunity to be part of one of Norway’s largest Google based software development teams
- Work with dedicated and highly-competent colleagues within ix3 and Aker Solutions
- Opportunity to unlock your potential, both professionally and personally
It is not just a job. It's an exciting career!
Are you ready? Let`s get started! Apply NOW if you can think outside the box and want to shape the digital future together with us!
For further information please contact:
Per Øyvind Olssøn, Head of Software Foundation and Digital Twin Platform, Aker Solutions, Tel: +47 930 29 824
Katalin Hideg, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: +47 485 06 456
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.