Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Are you ready to shape the digital future together with us?
At ix3 we are passionate about leveraging technology combined with Aker Solutions’ engineering expertise to impact one of the biggest and most complex industries today, the energy industry.
We develop compelling software applications for our customers in the energy industry, accelerating field development projects and optimizing asset integrity, safety and performance. We bring together engineering, manufacturing and live-streamed operational data into Integral™, our operational digital twin platform that provides coherency across assets, data sources and lifecycle phases.
We are looking for Senior Software Developers to join us as part of a growing software house in Aberdeen.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design, implement and test new functionality in our software products to meet the goals of the company
- Ensure high standards of quality by troubleshooting, maintaining and updating existing software
- Develop scalable solutions applicable across multiple generations of equipment
- Work closely with a multi-functional team, leveraging domain expertise from across the business
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Hons Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/C#; Good understanding of the data analytics landscape, tools and technology
- A strong grasp of object oriented design, patterns and principles
- Experience developing web applications and APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new languages, techniques and tools
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Experience in the following would be desirable
- SpringBoot/JPA or Entity Framework
- REST API development
- Google Cloud or Azure
- Jira & Confluence
- Testing with cucumber, cypress, Junit, Mockito, Jasmine & Karma
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
For further information on this role please contact: Leisha Milne / 01224 528231 / firstname.lastname@example.org