Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Are you ready to shape the digital future together with us?
At ix3 we are passionate about leveraging technology combined with Aker Solutions’ engineering expertise to impact one of the biggest and most complex industries today, the energy industry.
We develop compelling software applications for our customers in the energy industry, accelerating field development projects and optimizing asset integrity, safety and performance. We bring together engineering, manufacturing and live-streamed operational data into Integral™, our operational digital twin platform that provides coherency across assets, data sources and lifecycle phases.
We are looking for Software Developers to join us as part of a growing software house in Aberdeen.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As a valued member of a dynamic agile team you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Design, implement and test new functionality in our software products to meet the goals of the company
- Ensure high standards of quality by troubleshooting, maintaining and updating existing software
- Work closely with subject matter experts to ensure software meets use case requirements
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Degree level qualification
- Experience writing software in a commercial environment
- A strong grasp of object oriented design, patterns and principles
- Experience developing web applications and APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new languages, techniques and tools
Required technical experience:
- Java or C#
- SpringBoot/JPA or Entity Framework
Desirable technical experience:
- REST API development
- Google Cloud or Azure
- Testing with cucumber, Junit, Mockito, Jasmine & Karma
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solution; global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Leisha Milne / 01224 528231 / email@example.com